Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas 2013

Location: Adairsville, GA (High 47, Low 20)

Well, Christmas Day this year had it all over Christmas Day last year. Although below zero temps and Harry spending hours scrunched in the basement fixing water leaks had set the bar pretty low. ;) This year’s celebration will be much harder to top. We had an awesome day.

Although we didn’t really sleep in, we did have a pretty laidback morning. We skyped with Harry’s daughter and watched our little guy open the gifts we sent him. That was a very nice way to start the day. We then got busy making our first real breakfast in quite a while – fried potatoes, bacon, eggs over easy and toasted bagels. It was so wonderful I didn’t even think to take any pictures.

IMG_0014 

Later in the morning we left for my aunt’s house. I have seen my aunt a few times over the years when she made the trip north to NY to visit my mother, but this is the first time I have been to her housexmasvisiting although she has lived in GA for about twenty years. We had a great time just hanging out and chatting.

 

 

IMG_0009

The other great thing was getting to see my cousin Lynne.  Although we grew up together, (literally lived next door to each other), when we hit adulthood we went our separate ways and I have probably seen her only three or four times over the years since (and that was mainly at funerals).

 

 xmastable

 

Oh my, did my aunt put on a nice spread.

  xmasdinner

 

 

Let’s just say we didn’t go hungry.

IMG_0013

 

 

After dinner, we  had a fun time playing Phase 10. I was playing a great game, and then Lynne managed to come from behind and squeak out the win!

It was just a great day, and we are looking forward to getting together several more times while we are here.

6 comments:

  1. Definitely going to be a tough Christmas to beat. We play Phase 10 but I never, ever win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was on Phase 10 for two hands so I was close! Needed one card both times. Oh well, maybe next time. :)

      Delete
  2. One of the benefits of being mobile is seeing long distance relatives. Looks like you made up for lost time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a nice family Christmas!!!! nothing like being surrounded by long distance relatives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful Christmas day! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phase 10 is a great game! We just learned to play when Sandie and Jim of Where are the Dixons today taught us. Keep up having a great time! After Amazon, you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete