Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Thursday, February 11, 2016

A Week in the Sickhouse

Location: Avon Park, FL (High 70, Low 45)

Harry and I hardly ever get sick, but recently we both came into contact with one nasty bug. Or rather, Harry did and kindly shared with me.

Luckily it didn’t involve the stomach at all, just lots of coughing, sneezing and other various cold-like symptoms. Harry came down with it last Friday and by Monday I was feeling its effects as well.

Monday also happened to be Harry’s birthday. We had planned to go out but obviously that was not in the cards. I asked Harry for a special request for dinner instead, and he asked for mac ‘n’ cheese. IMG_7603Good thing it was an easy meal to make as I was starting to get chills even as I stood next to the heat of the stove.

Happy birthday to my special guy!!

 

 

chairpic

 

 

All bundled up with three layers of clothes and a cat leg warmer! (very unusual for me as I am usually plenty warm without any help)

And that has been our week. Rinse and repeat. We have been parked in our chairs all week and today has been the first day that we are finally starting to feel better. I am looking forward to actually getting outside tomorrow and going for a nice walk!

 12661791_10209142685511018_7594856195925611953_n

 

I’ll end with a cute picture I took today…Ariel sitting so pretty waiting for her treats…

3 comments:

  1. Nasty bugs going round no matter where or how you live.. Our week has been the same.. Rinse and repeat .. Feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knock on wood, neither one of us has been sick this year. Allergies, now that's a different story. I've been popping Claritin a lot because of all the dust here. Your time has to be winding down there, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have allergies thankfully, but this is sure a monster cold! We actually still have a couple months left here. Two months from today we will be on a Disney Cruise!!! :) So excited!!

      Delete